Tuesday, November 10, 2009

True Street Tacos

I had heard about Tacos El Paisa from many people.  I knew it was right across the street from Latte Mi Corazon (a favorite little coffee shop) but had yet to try it myself until Sunday.
Oh My God.   What had I been waiting for?!     
This is the cutest place, an area for dining inside and outside that is cleaner than a lot of other places I eat.   The taco truck is right there in the parking lot.    
There is also an outdoor grill that was being fired up just as I was leaving - much to my dismay.   I want to know what delicious treats come off of that thing!

I ordered the tacos el pastor and a large order of refried beans.    My dining companion had the potato tacos.   Both were served three tacos with a soda for five bucks.    Soon after we ordered, the tray of salsa came.    I could have eaten this alone and been in heaven.   Cucumbers, onions, carrots, radishes, chips, three kinds of salsa and limes were on it.    Slap my face, this was good!!!
Then came the tacos and these were even better.   Pastor tacos are typically served with pineapple.   These weren't but I think the meat was marinated in the juice.    They were served on corn tortillas with cilantro and onions.    The tortillas were just off the grill and rival Quatros Milpas.   The potato tacos were just as good with lettuce, crema and queso fresco.    I wished I had the room and I would have eaten all 6 of those tacos myself!    
I was sad that I didn't have room after the tacos for a Cafe Cubano across the street.    I will next time!


3069 National Ave.
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 262-5128

Cusine: Mexican
Dollar Value: Excellent
Service: Very friendly
Would I return here: I already made plans!!