Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Damn Fine Pizza!

I love pizza.
Let me be clear, I love New York thin crust pizza.   The thinner the better and if I have to fold it that is the best.
There are not many of these pizza places in San Diego.   Rejoice, thin crust pizza lovers!    We can add 1 more to the list!     Pizzeria Luigi!
I saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (I also love Guy but that is another type of BLOG!) and knew I had to run to try this pizza.
I ran and it was worth it.




To date, I have eaten at 2 of the 3 locations - North Park and Golden Hill.    Only Little Italy is left.
I've had the pesto/mozzarella, pepperoni and spinach/ricotta slices.    Oh my god.   Died and went to thin crust pizza heaven!    This is the best crust I have ever had.    Luigi actually uses Manhattan water to make his crust.    It does matter!
All of the pizzas are great but if you are a lover of fresh ricotta (and really, who isn't?!) then don't miss any slice with this manna on it.   The creamiest, dreamiest cheese on the face of the earth. 

The atmosphere is great too - if you go on a Sunday, the game will be on and if it isn't a Sunday then the tv will be on with whatever sporting event is good to watch at the time.   I am hoping for a Tour De France viewing party in July.    This pizza and Lance on a bike?    Be still  my heart!!!






Many locations.
Cusine: pizza, whole and by the slice.  Some pastas and salads too.
Dollar Value: Excellent.
Service: Very friendly
Would I return here: Already have!