Monday, November 16, 2009

MMM scones!

I don't know about you but I love scones.   I mean really good scones, still warm from the oven.   If you, too, are a lover of the scone then read on. 
In the great neighborhood of South Park, there is a great little place called Rebeccas Coffee House.
Rebecca knows her way around a scone and a cup of coffee.
We went there yesterday morning, before a round of golf on the Balboa 9.
What a great way to start a great day!
Scones and coffee ordered, we were asked if blueberry was ok.    Yes, blueberry is ok.    Next we were each presented with a plastic basket with a huge warm blueberry scone and a little cup of preserves.
We made our way to a couch in the coffee shop and sat down.   I put the plastic basket on my lap and it warmed my lap.   Oh this was gonna be good!
I broke off a piece of the scone, dipped it in the preserves and shoved it in my mouth.
I died and went to heaven.   
The scone was wonderful, crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside.    The blueberries were whole and there were a lot of them.   I devoured the scone in about 5 minutes.   I was a little embarrassed but not for long.   Dear Rebecca - I will be back and I will want scones.
Was the round of golf fun?   Sure!     Did I make par?    Who cares...I had a scone at Rebeccas!

3015 Juniper Street
San Diego CA 92104
Cusine: Coffee shop, scones and light breakfast
Dollar Value: Excellent.
Service: Very friendly
Would I return here: Yes, yes, yes!