Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Damn fine burger!

After watching a show on KPBS on Sunday, all we could thing of was Burger Lounge.   Had to have it.    Fast.
Not our first trip to this party and won't be our last either.
This time we visited the location in Kensington.    We decided last night that this one is second only to Little Italy.    The one in Coronado is to small and hot.   Haven't lounged in La Jolla - yet.
Me and T and Ts sister Juanita went there for a delicious dinner.     T and Juanita had Baby Lounge Burgers.    T had the vegetarian and Juanita had the beef with NO ONIONS.    Sorry, I didn't mean to yell but Juanita gets really, really mad when there are onions on anything.    I went full throttle, burger, fries and salad.   We all shared the salad and fries but still.    After all this food, me and T had a vanilla milk shake too.   YUM.  
Anyone who knows me knows I don't eat beef very often but when I do, it is a lounge burger.    That is how good these things are.    The beef is always done perfectly, the onions I like raw and the bun...oh the bun.    That bun could be a blog entry on it's own.    A pillow of perfection that cradles the beautiful burger in comfort until it is shoved down my gullet.
The fries are great too (same with the onion rings though I didn't have them on this trip) as is the salad.   Tonight we opted for the Cesar but the garden vegetable won't make you sad either.   I like that there are taro strips on the salad instead of croutons.    Nice and crunchy and different.
Some people might think that $8.00 is a bit pricey for a hamburger.    I don't happen to believe this.    This is not a Carls Junior or McDonalds burger.     This is a real, big, fill you up all organic burger.  These cows were coddled while they lived and you can tell that by the way they taste.    The restaurant is green.    Won't find any styrofoam here!
Now about that vanilla milkshake.    
Oh.
My.
God.
Must have about 1/2 gallon of ice cream in it.    Comes to the table in a malt shop glass with whipped cream on top.    Stainless cup with the rest of the milkshake that won't fit in the glass comes too.    Spoon and straw.  Last night it was almost to thick for the straw.   Almost.  

4116 Adams Avenue
San Diego, CA 92116
Cusine: burgers, fries, onion rings, salads and drinks.  
Dollar Value: Very good.
Service: Very, very friendly
Would I return here: Yes!   Already have.