Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lake Murray Cafe

OK there we were, sitting at home on a rainy Monday night wondering what to have for dinner.    Neither one of us felt like cooking and we wanted something warm and comforting.     We decided on the Lake Murray Cafe.
We had been there a couple of times before and the food is good, the place is big and the staff is nice.
One thing to know about this place is BISCUITS.   When you sit down, they bring a basket of them to the table and they are big.    I mean really big.   I am talking Cheesecake Factory BIG.    Big and good and warm and yummy.    If you don't go there for anything else, go there for the biscuits.
This time around we were both in the mood for breakfast.   I had the avocado, feta cheese and olives omelet and my dining companion had the  Mediterranean omelet with feta, olives, tomato and basil.     I would have expected the olives (at least in the Mediterranean) to be kalamata but they weren't.    Basic black olives.   Don't get me wrong, I love olives of all colors, I was just a bit surprised.
The omelets are HUGE 4 eggers each.    Needless to say there was a take home box for each of us.  I can't say for sure that the eggs were real as they tasted a bit processed.   Next time I will ask for real eggs as I really don't like the ones from a carton.   What do the chickens look like that lay those cartons anyway?!
I ordered the toast cakes with my omelet.    I wasn't sure what they were and the server told me they were pancakes.   Worked for me!
The food came and we ate with gusto til we were full and then marveled at the amount left over.  Lunch for the next day!
There are several restaurants in this family.  This is the only location I have been to.


5465 Lake Murray Blvd La Mesa, CA 91942-1549 Cusine: american with a little bit of everything
Dollar Value: Excellent.
Service: Very, very friendly
Would I return here: Yes I would but will ask for real eggs next time.